To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.
CapTel Service Specialists, LLC. (CSS) is a communications center that provides life-changing captioning services over the telephone for those who experience hearing loss. Our company is a telecommunications service necessary for public health and safety, and is designated as a TSP Level 3 facility.
This is the same level that is given to state and local police and fire departments. CSS has an urgent need for full-time and part-time Captioning Assistants who are able to work first or second shift at our location in Tampa, FL (requires work on-site).
Work from home opportunities possible 90 days after training. Help us make a difference and apply TODAY!
We are seeking motivated and hard-working Entry Level Captioning Assistants to join our growing team of professionals at CapTel Service Specialists. Captioning Assistants will primarily be focused on listening to customer phone conversations in real time and quickly and promptly providing captions for these calls. If you are looking for a full-time or part-time position with a great company that provides advancement opportunities and you have a clear, articulate voice, the Entry Level Captioning Assistant position is the ideal opportunity for you!
As an Entry Level Captioning Assistant, you will be responsible for providing live telephone captioning for our customer s telephone conversations for the deaf and hard-of-hearing community. The Captioning Assistant will be listening to phone conversations and repeating the conversation back, as it happens, into our high-tech voice recognition software system. The main focus of this position is to consistently maintain a high level of accuracy and speed, so candidates will have to have significant multi-tasking skills to be successful.
Other responsibilities for the Entry Level Captioning Assistant will include:
- Utilizing a keyboard by typing proper corrections and other words as necessary.
- Maintaining the CapTel Call Center’s quality standards for accuracy and speed.
- Monitoring technical issues on calls and reporting to appropriate staff.
- Attending job-appropriate meetings and training sessions.
- Signing and abiding by the CapTel Call Center’s Oath of Confidentiality, even after employment is terminated.
We believe in offering our Entry Level Captioning Assistants competitive pay and great benefits. The list of benefits we offer includes:
- Starting hourly wage of $11.00/hour with a $0.50/hour shift premium for evening hours (6:00 PM – 12:00 AM) and a $0.75/hour shift premium for weekend hours (Saturdays and Sundays)
- Increased Emergency Pay for all Hourly Employees of an additional $1 per hour worked (through September 25, 2021)
- Work from home opportunities possible 90 days after training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Attendance and referral bonus opportunities
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Emergency Paid Sick Leave (through September 25, 2021)
- 401(k), flex spending plans
- PTO (personal time off)
- Paid vacation time
- Casual and diverse work environment
- Flexible scheduling and emphasis on work/life balance
Simply put, CapTel is in the business of helping people. Our captioned telephone has transformed lives, given individuals a greater sense of independence and helped make the world an easier place to understand for thousands of people who experience varying degrees of hearing loss.
CapTel is motivated by simple values; empowerment, helping one another and treating everyone with respect. We apply those same values to our work environment. CapTel is committed to creating an atmosphere that is casual, diverse and friendly. Our managerial philosophy is built around the principles of treating all employees with dignity and fairness. The scheduling system is designed for flexibility so that our employees can balance work with family, school and outside interests. At the end of every day, our employees can go home with the satisfaction that they were able to help somebody and make a difference in someone s life.
If you believe and share this same set of values, CapTel highly encourages you to apply for our available positions. Please apply today if you are interested in learning more about current job opportunities.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. As an entry level position, we are not looking for a specific level of experience in order to be considered for the Captioning Assistant position. We are looking for hard-workers who are willing to put forth a strong effort to pick up the skills required to be successful and practice them on an everyday basis. In addition, the Captioning Assistants that we hire absolutely must have a clear speaking voice with the ability to enunciate quickly and accurately.
Other Requirements for the Entry Level Captioning Assistant:
- High School Degree or higher (or equivalent) and must be at least 18 years of age.
- Strong multi-tasking ability, able to handle multiple tasks while focusing on a high amount of attention to detail.
- Must have strong oral and verbal communication skills, including spelling.
- Strong memory-recall ability and excellent reading skills.
- Good typing skills (at least 35 words per minute with a low error rate).
- Brings a calm, relaxed and positive attitude to the office each day.
- Comfortable and familiar with computers and new technology.
All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital/veteran/student status, physical appearance, sexual orientation, political beliefs, religion, genetic information, gender identity, a less than honorable discharge from the military, etc. and any other status protected by federal, state or local law and regulations.