When you join Verizon Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
- The Revenue Systems Team is part of the Corporate Systems Group (CSG) and is the central knowledge base for the flow of revenue and accounts receivable data through all billers and into BODS (Billing Operations Data Store)
- Warehouse and Revenue Accounting Close Engine (RACE), Financial Reporting Repository (FRR) and a wide variety of other downstream systems including nSAP and vSAP.
- You will be Solution Architect with in-depth knowledge of Revenue Systems development.
- You will learn and educate fellow associates and guide them to follow the best practices.
- You are expected to Architect the solutions and deliver by self/with the help of a team.
- Responsible for the data, data architecture, data intelligence, and data transformation processes for both existing and new revenue and A/R systems.
- Supports all major Finance (Accounting, Tax, Payments, Marketing, FP&A, and Collections) projects to ensure financial data is cared for appropriately and booked accurately into our ERP GL systems.
- Defining the technical architectures leveraging GTS standards and various emerging technologies such as AI/ML, RPA, Hadoop/Open source stack in Cloud/AWS.
- Provides strategic analysis and support, navigating millions of data points, data relationships and numerous business/transformational rules to our Accounting and Finance end-users.
- Supports month-, quarter-, and year-end close procedures for various departments by providing analytical reports for journalization, trending, and variance investigation.
- Works independently to solve data and reporting issues using complex AI/ML and other advanced tools to make logical connections between varied data sources to obtain desired results.
- Architect complex accounting scenarios with regards to product/bundle/promotion/partnership launches, collaborating with Revenue Accountants, Finance SMEs and com-up with designs and execution strategies to deploy nimble solutions enhancing automation, accuracy and compliance.
- Design KPIs and User Experience from a Revenue Accounting perspective.
- Provide SME level guidance, updates and insights to Accounting and CSG leaders and executives.
- Collaborate and participates in the design of 1
- Close stitching-in enhancements occurring in BAU
- Collaborate with Architects across the enterprise and contributes to strategic North Star Architectures from Revenue Accounting, Billing and AR perspective
What we re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Direct related experience with Architecting Accounting systems and data.
- Experience in finance systems, payments, revenue, or accounts receivable experience.
- Teradata DBMS or other relational database experience.
- Even Better if you have: BA/BS degree with concentration in Accounting/MIS, Finance, Accounting, or IT.
- Ability to synthesize and present complex scenarios to a plethora of audience (executives to accountants).
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Advanced AI/ML, Python/SQL skills.
- Agile and SDLC development experience.
- Intermediate Accounting skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work with little or no supervision and own multiple initiatives.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.