To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.
Large, well established, multi facility, market leading beverage/food manufacturer located in a popular area of Florida is looking for an experienced Packaging/Process Engineer. Offering nice salary & benefits.
Packaging/Process Engineer (21-8) Department: Engineer
Days per Week: M-F
Shift: Days 8am – 5pm
Academic Qualifications Required: Bachelor of Science Degree in Packaging Engineering preferred, Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering required.
Experience Required: A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a packaging related field, ideally with consumer products companies.
- 2 plus years’ experience working as a process Engineer with a consumer products company improving manufacturing and packaging efficiency by analyzing procedures, work processes, space requirements and equipment layouts.
- Conduct process capability studies, establish standards, confirm or modify manufacturing and packaging processes.
- Working knowledge of purchasing of packaging components.
- Knowledge of Validation of packaging requirements in related industry.
- Contract packaging and experience in an FDA related regulated products a plus.
- Auto-CAD and 3D design.
- Knowledge of packaging components and properties such as: cans, bottles, caps, seals, films, paperboard (folding cartons, labels) plastic processing injection and extrusion blow molding.
- Knowledge of packaging equipment and installation of equipment such as, de-palletizers, fillers, cappers Labelers, cooling, final packaging, and palletizers including complete packaging line installations.
- Project Management Experience and structured problem solving; Validation; DOE; Root Cause Analysis.
- Knowledge of Capital equipment procurement including preparation of Capital requests.
- Demonstrated above-average performance as a Packaging Engineer with excellent leadership potential.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Good computer skills – Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage assigned Package Development projects, working with project teams to meet objectives and project ship to market dates.
- Communicate technical issues and details to the project team and management. Develop, engineer and test packaging components and modify as necessary to meet: consumer requirements, functional parameters, costing targets, manufacturing & shipping requirements.
- Execute new package designs and perform package component in plant technical trials through conducting pre-trial planning meetings, direct manufacturing trial, documenting results of trials and conducting post trial meetings.
- Perform qualification on packaging, working with suppliers, from engineering prints to models &prototypes, through to unit and production tooling.
- Provide packaging options and risk mitigation strategies associated with each.
- Provide technical input to package design process and assure package designed for manufacturing acceptability.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve and troubleshoot in an automated production environment.
- Will utilize appropriate investigative tools (i.e. test results), good engineering design principles, and GMP’s when investigating issues and recommending corrective actions.
Additional Job Duties
- Work with manager to ensure the Packaging development process is functioning efficiently by assessing current processes and reports for management, and other internal groups.
- Reports include trip, supplier audit and current status. Ability to write, review, revise and approve New Packaging specifications, Bill of Materials, Packaging Assembly Specs.
- Efficiently organize and manage workflow of multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with vendors, contract manufacturers, suppliers and cross functional teams relative to packaging challenges.
- Ability to review, write, and implement Packaging SOP’s.
- Develop strong relationships supporting fast paced projects with Product Development, Purchasing, Operations and Suppliers.
- Keep abreast of developments across appropriate packaging and manufacturing technologies.
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of project management to realize the order, importance and impact of appropriate project activities and maintain Packaging commitments to project scheduling.
- Prioritize and organize workload on multiple projects of low-to-medium complexity.
- Develop and implement schedules, manage assigned projects, monitoring the status of all elements affecting the outcome of the program.
- Clearly communicate technical and non technical information via verbal presentation and in writing with management, team members and support personnel with supervision