For more than 50 years, HEICO Corporation, a NYSE traded company, has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members’ on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines and the defense industry. Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our Team Members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine recently ranked HEICO as one of the 200 “Best Small Companies” and 200 “Hot Shot Stocks”. HEICO is currently recruiting a Quality Assurance Inspector for its Seal Dynamics Business Unit, located in Tampa, FL.
The Quality Assurance Inspector will perform routine checks, tests, gauging, and instrument inspections of materials, goods in process, and finished goods.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform assigned inspections on parts, product in process, and finished product
- The ability to use a CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) for acceptance of product is preferred.
- Inspect visually for obvious defects
- Compare results with quality standards
- Report inspection and test results to Quality Manager
- Identify defectives and segregate from acceptable product
- Notify Quality Manager and Program Engineer when inspection data exceeds acceptable limits or when major incidents of poor quality are noted
- Record results on inspection forms or charts and report number of defects found
- Post and maintain forms and charts of inspection data, quality levels, or special quality studies as required
- Support the quality record retention requirements by assisting with filing and maintenance of Quality Records
- Assist with scrap processing and removal of test and product samples as required
- Work alternate shifts and/or overtime as required
- Adhere to all Seal Dynamics, Quality & Safety Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Blueprint Reading
- Proficiency with computer based applications, Microsoft Office and Excel as a minimum
- American Society for Quality Certified Quality Inspector
- Experience with inspection gauges and test equipment preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality Systems preferred
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift/and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities are required for this job to perform tasks typically associated with inspection processes.
- Employer Minorities/Women/Protected