Location: MACDILL AFB,FL,US
Date Posted: 2021-06-11
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Ops
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC has an opportunity for a Certified TEMPEST Technical Authority (CTTA) providing advisory support and recommendations during the development and submission of Cybersecurity and Physical Security Risk Assessments, packages and the employment of Technical Counter Measures (TCMs). These efforts will include the determination of risks associated with emissions emanation from commercial and government off-the-shelf (COTS/GOTS) equipment.
Knowledge and understanding of these Technologies, but not limited to: TEMPEST approved communications equipment and capability; wireless technologies and equipment (including high and low powered antennae arrays); audio and visual technologies; copper (shielded and unshielded), Ethernet and fiber optic cable operating at any U.S. owned, operated or controlled area, location or building.
Candidate must have knowledge or be able to perform the following:
- Well written reports of findings, provide recommended TCMs and write risk recommendations to the Authorizing Official or competent authority.
- Provide advisory support as CTTA Subject Matter Expert (SME), as required
- Provide any required TEMPEST assessment or validation support for Executive Communications, as required.
- Support development, submission, tracking and reporting of all Cybersecurity, Physical Security, Risk Assessment or TCM related packages or documentation.
- Support TEMPEST and Risk Inspection or Assessment requirements for new capabilities planned for or employed within USCENTCOM Headquarters and AOR.
- Perform on-site TEMPEST evaluations to determine compliance with applicable DoD or USCENTCOM policies.
- Conduct Technical outreach and analysis.
- Complete classified facility TEMPEST notification memorandums, countermeasure reviews (TCR), protective distribution system (PDS) technical reviews
- Develop proposed Inspectable Space determination,
- Develop and/or update the TEMPEST database
This position serves as USCENTCOM J6 representative during TEMPEST or Risk Assessment discussions, engagements, meetings or other with U.S. Government agencies. Candidate must maintain regular communications with applicable agencies, organizations or stakeholders. Travel is required 10% – 25% of the time. Candidate must possess a current active passport.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- A minimum of a Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Cybersecurity disciplines coupled with 5+ years as experience Certified TEMPEST Technical Authority (CTTA), or equivalent (must present equivalent documentation).
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in an operational CTTA role.
- Completed the National TEMPEST School TEMPEST Fundamentals Course.
- Completed the TEMPEST Facility Installation and System Design Course.
- Conducted TEMPEST facility or system reviews.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Full understanding of Committee on National Security Systems (CNSSI 4009) and the applicability of such instruction as pertaining to CTTA responsibilities.
- Full understanding of DoD Directive 8100.02 and its applicability to CTTA responsibilities.
- Ability to use and understand of core Microsoft Products
- Ability to brief Senior Military and Government personnel.
- Ability to document and/or present ideas and findings such that others can easily learn from or make decisions based upon the material.
- Ability to develop new ideas and techniques that advance the state of the practice for cyber defensive operations.
- Familiarity with vulnerability assessments.
- Advanced degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science and/or Systems Engineering.
- Regional experience with USCENTCOM AOR and Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) nations.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation’s modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner’s ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion.
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.